My Resource List

  • Build a list to print/email/text. Add resources by clicking on a resource name - then "Add to list"

School Services for Children with Special Needs

Resource Name Location Contact
College Resources for Students with Disabilities

Support, advocacy and assistive technology to help with the transition to college.

DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology)

DO-IT promotes inclusion and success for people with disabilities
206-685-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
888-972-DOIT (3648) (toll free voice/TTY)

King County Library System Virtual Programs

Log in to with a Library card or Library Link Number and PIN. To find out how to use your Seattle Public Schools student ID number, visit the Library Link page.

Live English and Spanish tutors are available from 2 to 10 PM daily. Vietnamese tutors are available from 4 to 7 PM. Tutors can help with any school subject, including:

AP Classes
College Essay Writing
Job Applications, Cover Letters and Resumes

Office of the Education Ombudsman (OEO)

Mon – Fri 8:00am – 4:00pm
Support to resolve complaints, disputes & problems between families and K-12 public schools. Services include all areas that affect student learning, including special education.

OSPI Special Education Parent Liaison

The OSPI Special Education Parent Liaison is available as a resource to parents in non-legal special education matters and serves as a neutral and independent advocate for a fair process.

Statewide School District Locator

More detailed information:
Children age 3 to 5:
Contact your school district’s Child Find services if you are concerned your child may have a learning or developmental delay and/or may need developmental support services.

Once your school district is located, do an internet search with the name of your school district with the phrase “Child Find” in quotes. Call the phone number listed and ask to schedule a Child Find Developmental Evaluation for your child.

Children age 5 to 21:
Contact your neighborhood public school. Request a developmental evaluation by contacting your child’s teacher, counselor or principal. If your child is homeschooled or attends private school, contact your neighborhood public school or the Student Services/Special Education office of your school district.

Yakima Valley Tutoring

Provides FREE after school tutoring in reading or math to K-12 students in Central WA, from Ellensburg to Sunnyside. Tutoring services include helping students who are receiving special education services or have special learning needs. Please call for information on how to apply.

JBLM Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)

Mon – Fri 7:30am – 4:30pm
Services offered to military families who have a family member with special health care need